Don’t miss this one…Spacious, clean and...
Articles on the Benefits of Renting
- Why it’s better to rent than buy – business.financialpost.com
- When renting is better than home ownership – givemebackmyfivebucks.com
- Rental complex – canadianbusiness.com
Look at the facts -
It might be surprising to find out the many advantages to renting……
- No maintenance issues – this is probably the best benefit that renting has to offer! It can actually come as a shock for newbie home owners when the cost of maintenance finally sets in. When you rent, all you need to do is dial your landlord’s number and you will have your problem taken care of.
- Lifestyle – Aside from saving on maintenance costs, you can also enhance your lifestyle by saving yourself the headache of fixing things yourself and not being tied down to the headaches of home ownership.
- More predictable budget – Since you don’t know when the large repairs will suddenly suck your budget, renting makes budgeting much easier. You already know just how much you will need to shell out per month in rent, no matter how many repairs are needed.
- No property taxes and closing costs – With property taxes escalating in recent years, there are some regions where taxes might be over $5,000! Again this large expenditure in the year, will dampen the household budget and future savings. And don’t forget the transaction costs to purchase a home – those are some big numbers as well.
- Moving is easier – When it’s time to change location, renting makes moving so much easier. There are a lot of factors that could cause a person to move, such as having a bad neighbor beside you As soon as your lease expires, you can pack your bags to find a more suitable place to live. With owning your home, the timing and process of selling can be much more difficult.
Bottom line is that RENTING is usually cheaper than owning….. and RENTING provides an avenue to stretch your budget, while saving the rest of your money for other lucrative investments or lifestyle choices.